One Writer in Portugal



I tend to have a mindset that no one notices me. When I go to a new place and meet new people, I’m always surprised when they remember my name one week or one month later. It makes me feel good. I realize, “Oh, I’m not invisible.” Probably not the greatest mindset, I know. But it’s there.

I forget that even the small things I do might affect and change someone’s life. I might feel insignificant, but they remember me for some reason. Hopefully it’s because I’ve made their life a little better.

Every week, a new post releases from my blog. I don’t know who reads the posts. Some of my friends, yes, but I know there’s at least one stranger. Because I don’t know anyone in Portugal. But every week, I can look at my blog stats and consistently see one page view from that little country across the Atlantic Ocean.

Hello to the person reading this. *waves* :)

Maybe this is creepy, but I want to acknowledge this reader. My blog is small. I don’t know how they found it.

Sometimes, I wonder if putting the time into it is worth it. I ask, why do I keep writing if no one is reading? But wait. One person is reading. One person comes back every week. One person in Portugal. They obviously like what I have to say if they keep coming back. They want to read more. Maybe, maybe, what I write helps them somehow. Whether they know it or not, they’ve kept me blogging when I don’t want to, when I don’t think it’s worth it.

I think about the fact that I don’t have a plethora of readers. But I don’t know who that person in Portugal knows. Maybe, what I write will change that one person. And how many people will that person affect when they write from that change? Maybe just one more person. But who will that person affect?

Maybe I can be the drop that starts the ring of waves on the water.

This is a little weird, I know. But that person isn’t invisible. I see them. They’ve helped me keep writing without knowing it.

Even the smallest acts, acts that feel insignificant, are changing and influencing the people around you, whether you know it or not. So, press on and live well.

And thanks, my writer friend in Portugal. :)

Who are the people that have changed or helped you in small ways? How can you do that for others?

P.S. This week’s picture was taken in Portugal. How cool is that?

Comments


Popular Posts