Sharp Pens



Over the past year, I’ve been acutely aware of the power of words. Some of them hurt and some of them were kind words I never expected, but their meaningfulness and encouragement carried far beyond the moment. I admit, I’ve been on the side of delivering the hurtful words, or tone, or body language. Hopefully I’ve been on the side of giving healing words as well.

But I’ve been grateful for both the hurt and kindness that I’ve received, because it’s made me more aware of what I am saying and doing. It’s made me stop and think. It’s made me more careful before I speak about how something might come across.

As we kick off a new year, consider your words. We’re writers. We like words, we pile them around us, share them, and borrow them. But don’t forget their strength. Don’t take them for granted. They are like a knife. They can kill, or they can do surgery and heal; it just depends whose hands they are in. But they aren’t toys.

Be careful about what you’re writing. About what you’re saying. Think about the tone and gestures you deliver words with. Think about how you talk about someone who’s not present. Remember to be kind. Remember to forgive. Remember to learn. To take your hurt and make sure it never happens to someone else because of you. And remember to take your healing and pass it on.


My pen is my sword, meant only to destroy an Army of Lies for the defense of my friends.





P.S. Ready to wear and use writing related products? Check out the new "STORE" tab! It's located below the blog heading in the same row as the "ABOUT" tab, etc. 
I'm so excited to bring you products from The Liberty Writer!

Comments


Popular Posts